The 32nd Legislative District Democratic Organization
All candidates seeking endorsement are asked to sign a
As a candidate for elective office, I pledge to uphold the following principles in my campaign.
1. I will respect and listen to those who bring different points of view to the public arena, including those with whom I disagree.
2. I will insist that my campaign message, literature, slogans, radio and TV ads, paid staff, and volunteers respect the dignity of all people – no matter what their background may be. I will demand corrective action if violations do occur.
3. I will represent myself and my beliefs in an honest and forthright manner, and I will be clear with voters about the programs and policies that I plan to promote if elected. I will not use deceptive campaign tactics.
4. I will challenge any attempts to stifle public debate and I will protect everyone’s right to express their beliefs and views without the threat of harassment, intimidation, or violence.
5. I will honor the spirit as well as the letter of all campaign finance laws and honestly report, as fully as possible, all expenditures made on my behalf.
Yes, I agree to uphold the “Civility Pledge” in my campaign.
No, I do not agree to uphold the “Civility Pledge” in my campaign.