32nd Legislative District Democrats
2016 Endorsement Meeting and Spaghetti Dinner Tradition
Wednesday, May 11th, 6pm
Richmond Masonic Center
Come to the May 11th meeting at 6pm to visit with friends and neighbors over dinner. We will be endorsing candidates in local and state races as well as recapping the April 17th Caucus and considering the 32 LD platform*. You are invited to bring a salad or dessert to share – suggested dinner donation is $10 – no one turned away.
Thinking about running for National Delegate?
File your form by May 6th at 5pm
– click here.
Get involved locally – become a 32nd LD PCO – we want you!
We are starting dinner at 6pm with our meeting starting a little early at 6:45pm – FB Invite here
Look forward to seeing you soon!
Chair, 32nd Legislative District Democratic Organization
*Proposed Rules for Consideration of the 2016 32nd LD Platform
- The Platform Committee of the 32nd Legislative District Caucus shall transmit the draft platform, which was transmitted to the delegates of the LD Caucus to the membership of the 32nd Legislative District Democratic Organization (32nd District Democrats) no later than five days in advance of the May meeting of the 32nd District Democrats.
- Discussion of the Platform on May 11, 2016, shall be no more than thirty minutes.
- The Chair (or her designee) shall call upon the Co-chair of the Platform Committee to place the Platform before the body for adoption.
- The Chair shall read each section heading and ask members of the 32nd District Democrats who disagree with the substance of a bulleted item within a section to flag the item for debate and removal as not representing the sentiment of the majority at this time. Motions to delete language require fifteen seconders.
- Amendments to add language to the platform will not be in order on May 11, 2016.
- At any point after asking members to flag items for debate, the Chair may call for a vote on the platform, which omits those sections not debated at the May 11, 2016 meeting.
- The Chair retains the prerogative to bring up bulleted items for debate and action.
- Debate shall alternate pro and con, limited to four speakers for and four speakers against the issue or the main platform, each speaker to speak no more than thirty seconds. One extension of four additional speakers, two pro and two con may be allowed per issue and on the motion to adopt the platform.
- Removal of a bulleted item will be by simple majority of those voting.
- On June 8, 2016, the members of the 32nd District Democrats shall debate the items items flagged for discussion, and not acted upon, on May 11, 2016 to add those items back to the platform.
- On June 8, 2016, members of the 32nd District Democrats may move to amend the platform by adding bulleted items to the platform. Proposed additions to the platform must be emailed to Elaine Phelps (email@example.com) by May 21, 2016.
Draft 2016 32nd LD Platform
2nd Congressional District Caucus:** Date: Saturday, May 21, 2016 10a.m.
Location: Stanwood High School Preforming Arts Center, Stanwood, WA
7th Congressional District Caucus:**
Date: Saturday, May 21, 2016 Registration 8:00 a.m., convenes at 9:3o a.m
Location: North Seattle College Campus Wellness Center Building
9600 College Way N.
Washington State Democratic Convention***
Date: Saturday, June 18-19, 2016, 9:00 a.m. Location: Tacoma, WA
2016 Democratic National Convention
Monday, July 25th through Thursday, July 28th in Philadelphia, PA.
* You do not need to have been elected delegate at a prior caucus to run at any other.
** Friday, May 6th – Statement of Candidacy forms to run as a Congressional district delegate to the National Convention must be turned in to the State Party by 5:00 PM on May 6th.
*** Friday, June 10th – Statement of Candidacy forms to run as a PLEO or at-large delegate or alternate to the National Convention must be turned in to the State Party by 5:00 PM on June 10th.
32nd District Monthly Meeting
Wednesday April 13th, 2016 7PM
Masonic Hall Shoreline, 753 N 185th St, Shoreline
6:30 PM Socialize and Set-up
7:00 PM Meeting Called to Order
7:05 PM 2016 Legislative District Caucus update and review
Legislative Session Update
Representative Ruth Kagi
Senator Maralyn Chase
8:05 PM Break – Raffle!!
8:10PM 32nd Business Meeting
8:30 PM Unfinished Business
Good of the Order
9:15 PM Adjourn
Chairs and Tables put away
Join your friends for the 2015 32nd LDDO Halloween Party.
Food, drinks, costumes, games, and music!
||Saturday, October 31st, 2015, 7 p.m. – midnight
Mountlake Terrace Senior Center,
23000 Lakeview Dr, Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043 (map)
Suggested donation: $20 (but no one will be turned away)